Username
Password

God of War (2018)

God of War (2018) Trophies
Chooser of the Slain
Defeat the nine Valkyries

Valkyries are some of the toughest fights in the game, with the final one being the toughest in the game. To fight them, you will first have to progress far enough into the story to be able to open the hidden chambers. Six of the Vakyrie's are located in the Hidden Chamber's of Odin, while the others are located elsewhere.

Here is a list of the Valkyries locations:

• Gunnr– Region: Thamur's Corpse (Hidden Chambers of Odin)
  • Geirdriful – Region: Foothills (Hidden Chambers of Odin)
  • Eir - Region: The Mountain (Hidden Chambers of Odin)
  • Kara – Region: Witch's Basement (Hidden Chambers of Odin)
  • Rota – Region: Helheim (Hidden Chambers of Odin)
  • Olrun – Region: Alfheim (Hidden Chambers of Odin)
  • Gondul – Region: Muspelheim Trial VI
  • Hildr – Region: Niflheim
  • Sigrun – Region: Council of Valkyries

When going to face Sigrun, the final Valkyrie, you will want to prepare for her. It it suggested to go for a cooldown build. You will want to fully upgrade Sindri's Royal Dwarven armor set, as it gives you a good deal of cooldown to your stats as well as will make you invulnerable when using your runic attacks. Also, slot any epic runes that have the cooldown stats in your armor. Make sure everything is fully upgraded. I used a fully upgraded Mist armor set, with cooldown runes and had little issues.

Here are some tips to going up against the final Valkyrie, Sigrun.

• Set the game on Easy
  • Buy a Berserker's Resurrection Stone, so if you do die, you come back with a full rage meter and then activate it immediately
  • If you get low on health, use your Spartan Rage to regen health. Be sure to still dodge attacks.
  • Use your electric arrows whenever possible
  • Have Hel's Touch slotted in your light runic attack to stun Sigrun and "Frost Giant's Frenzy" in your heavy runic attack. So when she's stunned, you can use your heavy attack to follow
  • Dodge any attacks with the red circle indicator and parry any attacks with the yellow indicator
  • When she shields herself with her wings, you can break using your shield
  • Overall, just take your time. It's not hard to dodge the attacks, and if you take your time it makes the fight a lot easier

User Comments
 Comment #1 by PAXTAG
Sunday, April 29, 2018 @ 02:22:37 AM

Comment #2 by odyssey555
Monday, May 28, 2018 @ 03:25:41 PM

I cannot for the life of me beat this Valkyrie. If anybody is willing to do it for me through Shareplay I would appreciate it very much. Level 7+ currently.

Comment #3 by odyssey555
Monday, May 28, 2018 @ 03:27:33 PM

Username; supero819 on psn

Comment #4 by sosik1
Saturday, July 21, 2018 @ 12:55:35 PM

would anyone be so good and help me with this trophy via shareplay? it's unbelievably frustrating. :( my psn: sosik001

Comment #5 by Stiofain1980
Wednesday, August 01, 2018 @ 04:52:50 PM

Anyone able to help me get this? My username is crispedsteve

I’m losing the will to live with this boss

Comment #6 by Zach7711
Thursday, August 02, 2018 @ 10:06:37 PM

Last trophy i need but cant kill that bitch. Pls help if u can psn is Zbox14

Comment #7 by Daveofstoft
Thursday, August 09, 2018 @ 08:02:26 PM

Came to this thread looking for advice and expecting to find everyone else could get it except me... makes me feel better that others are finding it hard! Just to add mine, daveofstoft in case anyone feels up for shareplay to help me with this!

Comment #8 by celticlord88
Wednesday, August 22, 2018 @ 02:08:43 AM

I would get to level 9 before trying to do this. Of course, getting to level 9 is extremely difficult.

Comment #9 by celticlord88
Wednesday, August 22, 2018 @ 02:10:44 AM

If you can't defeat her, try the fire challenges to upgrade your armor.

Comment #10 by Russiancase
Friday, September 07, 2018 @ 10:55:16 PM

guys it takes patience and high leveled gear. I beat the Queen with Talisman of Realms (not for kickin' her birdy arse, but for collecting healing stones). Take your time and learn her movements. Also – the light attack can be interrupted with Loki arrows (Proven).

Comment #11 by Rocky76
Sunday, September 30, 2018 @ 02:10:23 PM

Please help improve losing my mind.N_drake76

Comment #12 by thisguywhokills
Monday, October 01, 2018 @ 10:37:19 AM

What is the point if someone else get the trophy for you
you have to earn it or it doesn't mean anything

Comment #13 by Purlinka
Wednesday, October 24, 2018 @ 02:44:37 AM

Just got this. Here was my strategy/gear:

- Level 8+
- Fully upgraded health/rage/blades/axe.
- Fully upgraded Valkyrie armor
- Fully upgraded Talisman of the Realms (extremely useful to run around and grab health)
- Prioritize cooldown/runic build to relentlessly use runic attacks (also useful for the brief invincibility during some runic attack animations)
- Use Atreus' Wrath of the Wolf summon (or other damage/stun summon) to hold her down while using runic attacks (I found my biggest problem was getting her to stay still, especially for heavy runic attacks)

I found the key was interrupting her attacks and using attacks that she can't interrupt.

Comment #14 by Woza88
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 @ 11:23:15 AM

I am willing to beat Sigrun via shareplay for people for £5 a time. You should be level 8 with upgraded armour, weapons and talismans.... or do it yourself. For those that are willing to give it a go here is my setup which I finished on:

ARMOUR
- Ivaldi's Pauldron of Deadly Mist - Fully upgraded
- Ivaldi's Gauntlets of Deadly Mist - Fully Upgraded
- Ivaldi's War Belt of Deadly Mist - Fully Upgraded

SOCKETS
- Flawless Relic of the realm - Increase Frost by 25%
- Eye of the outer Real - Increase all by 7
- Tyr's Hand - Increase all by 6 (Luck by 10)
- Speedy Evasion - Travel increased when evading - VERY USEFUL FOR DODGING VALKYRIE ATTACKS
- Sprinters Unstoppable Aura - Prevents interruption by enemy attacks
- Protection of the Valkyrie - grants 50% resistance to al

Comment #15 by Woza88
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 @ 11:34:06 AM

all status effects and being staggered.
- Unyielding Runic - Grants Runic when low on health
- Aura of fire - Grants boost to strength and health when low on health
- Aura of weakness - Enemies within 15m are weakened

TALISMAN - Talisman of Cursed Power - weakens enemies overall stats

WEAPONS - All Fully Upgraded - ATTACKS:
- Njords Tempest
- Frost Giants Fury
- Rampage of the Furies
- Hyperion Slam
POMMELS - Blightbringer and Grips of the Furies

ATREUS - Should be wearing Legendary Runic Vestment to help with health pickups and use Murder of the Crows attack. FULLY UPGRADED

Before going into the Sigrun fight make sure you have a full bar of Rage (easiest way to fill this is a run around Nifelheim) and a Ressurection Stone. I used the Bezerk stone but by the tim

Comment #16 by Woza88
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 @ 11:37:11 AM

time I used it I could have probably finished her off with a Health stone and standard attacks.

Good Luck

If anybody seriously wants help enough to pay for it pm me on here and I will try my best to get back to you.

Comment #17 by Woza88
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 @ 11:42:05 AM

oh yeah, here's a list of my stats for comparison:

Strength - 237
Runic - 208
Defence - 247
Vitality - 111
Luck - 72
Cooldown - 54

Comment #18 by endegrim
Thursday, November 01, 2018 @ 06:58:13 PM

My main issue with the last fight, is that she has more health than the bar at the bottom actually shows, maybe an extra chunk that isn't shown? A few times I thought I'd won, only to be killed when her health just stopped going down.

Seems a bit unfair really.

Comment #19 by Guillaume71
Saturday, November 10, 2018 @ 03:47:42 PM

CONFIRMED: use levaithan slices on her. Don’t waste your time using the blades of chaos. The ax takes off more of her health. Always have either one of those runics charged up to deal her damage. I found that stunning her with Atreus's electric bows prevents her from moving when you have the slam runic charged. Make sure you have a resurrection stone because you will die during the fight. If you can get her health down into the 25-40 percent range before you die and have to be resurrected, then you are golden and should win the fight.

Comment #20 by GTASA
Sunday, November 18, 2018 @ 09:41:27 AM

Plzzz could Someone Help Me With This last boss With shareplay, my psn is GTASABETTERNTHANV

Comment #21 by GTASA
Thursday, December 13, 2018 @ 08:15:01 PM

Nvm I Was Only in lvl 4 When I commentef & Was trying against Sigrun. I beeat Her At lvl 6 really easly At 2nd Try

Comment #22 by GTASA
Thursday, December 13, 2018 @ 08:16:01 PM

Comment #23 by luam
Friday, December 14, 2018 @ 06:09:20 AM

I won. For me it was hard. But yes the equipment is the key to yr success.

I used everything that make my runic and cooldawn high. I used wolves (Atreus) and my runic attack. I had the valkirias set and the sindris chest. I think strenght and defence is not important (to have high level- average is enoigh). Before I tried to „fighting” with Sigrun but it was to hard and I wasted so much time...

And the blades with heavy runic are great.

My playrun, I’m weak. A made a lot of mistakes (rolling or I did not hit Sigrun...and I wasted my runic attack) but I won. And I am so happy. Just runic, cooldown, rolling and a lot of patience! Dont rush.

Comment #24 by Jason99
Sunday, May 05, 2019 @ 02:54:38 PM

It's odd this game has a 5.5% plat rating yet the valkyries are so impossible to beat i can't even get past the first one (Geirdriful – Region: Foothills (Hidden Chambers of Odin)) so how am i suposed to beat 9 of them if i can't even get 1?

Comment #25 by Ezio760
Monday, May 27, 2019 @ 07:57:14 PM

@24

Geirdriful is actually one of the hardest ones. try beating Gunnr and Kara to get your confidence up. Try some of the armor sets suggested above and make sure you set the difficulty to easy. Took me about 4 goes to beat the Queen and similar number of retries for the rest (except Gondul, who took me about 10 attempts since i had not stocked up on any stones).

You'll get them with practice.

Comment #26 by Richie89
Tuesday, June 04, 2019 @ 10:13:22 AM

Just recently completed on normal because I was determined not to drop it down to easy. Wow even normal was hard. I strongly recommend beefing up your defense. Runic attacks with be used entire fight so cool down isn’t too necessary but if you can’t dodge every hit the high defense stat will come in extremely handy.

Comment #27 by haddaf122
Sunday, November 10, 2019 @ 08:57:56 PM

guys come on really ??
you guys overpowering her so much
i beat this queen for my 5th try , and guess what ?
i beat her on hard first time . yah believe it on hard
---
i used musphilheim armor set cuz its the strongest armor for stringth
i prefer stringth and i equiped alot of enchancment for stringth and some for runic
then just learn her attacks and and try to put her down with throwing axe whenever she is airborn .. try to parry attacks .. break her shield and keep up .. you will get her .

Comment #28 by IndoNO1
Monday, December 02, 2019 @ 10:21:34 AM

VAHALLAH !!! this trophy got my blood pressure sky high XD especially the valkery that screams VAHALLAH al the time :D

You need to register before being able to post comments.

Game Info
Genre:

Release:

US April 20, 2018
Europe April 20, 2018

Collection:1328
Wishlist:121

Screenshots

Videos

MyTrophies
You need to log in or register to use MyTrophies.

Rating

User Score is based on 283 user ratings.