Username
Password

God of War (2018)

God of War (2018) Trophies
Fire and Brimstone
Complete all of the Trials of Muspelheim

To complete the trials, first you will have to gain access to Muspelheim. To do this you will need the 4 Language Ciphers found in the purple chests with the mask floating in the center. See Trilingual for the locations and how to unlock Muspelheim.

Once in Muspelheim, there will be trials to complete. There are 6 different trials with 3 different difficulty levels. You do not need to beat all 6 trials on all three difficulties, but you will need to beat each trial 1-5 on normal and hard to progress to the next challenge. After the 5th trial, you will face a Valkyrie, which you will need to beat to gain access to the impossible difficulty and the 6th challenge.

You will need to beat 3 trials on the impossible difficulty to gain 3 keys to take on the 6th and final trial. If you're struggling with the trials, put the game difficulty on easy and sure all you are wearing the best armor you can currently use. I suggest doing trials 2, 3, and 5 for the impossible challenge.

Here is a list of all the trials:

Trial 1

• Normal – Kill enemies to break the Elite's defense
  • Hard – Kill enemies inside the golden rings
  • Impossible – Kill enemies inside the golden rings

Trial 4

• Normal – Kill 100 enemies
  • Hard – Don't let the enemies capture Atreus
  • Impossible – Defeat the enemies (quick health regen)

Trial 5

• Normal – Defeat enemies to extend the timer
  • Hard – Avoid damage
  • Impossible – Defeat enemies to extend the timer

Trial 6

• Kill as many as you can in 8 minutes (need 70 kills)

User Comments
 Comment #1 by Ezio760
Tuesday, April 24, 2018 @ 11:15:49 AM

get the feeling this might be the toughest trophy for the platinum

Comment #2 by nrgjak
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 08:41:35 AM

I think it is. Especially the last challenge. Might want to consider doing this when fully upgraded, goes without saying.

Comment #3 by Ezio760
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 09:32:17 AM

yep, bit concerned because I never completed the 'trials of the gods/titans' in the original games.

Comment #4 by RemkoPS4
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 05:10:19 PM

there are 17 challenges. 5 levels and a valkyrie at the top. i made my way through everything. (normal and hard difficulty per level (so 2 challenges per level)). after you beat the valkyrie at the top, the challenges reset to impossible difficulty. finish challenge 1 though 6 again to complete all 17 challenges and this bad boy should pop.

Comment #5 by Fredehs
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 08:20:33 PM

You don't need to complete all 16 trials. I skipped the first impossible difficulty one (don't get hit) and did the others. It popped once i beat the trial on the top of the mountain.

Comment #6 by RemkoPS4
Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 11:48:41 PM

@#5; you are correct. you can beat any 3 out of the 5 challenges to give the 3 keys to unlock the top level. sidenote; you can set the difficulty to easy.

Comment #7 by Commander599
Friday, April 27, 2018 @ 01:53:45 PM

I Need help whit the last Valkyria. Pleas can you help me? Add me: Commander599swe my psn.

Comment #8 by Heller36
Saturday, April 28, 2018 @ 09:49:59 AM

Whoever designed this fire valkyrie needs to get punched in the fkn face. I loved this game up until this unfair, unbalanced, cheap fight. I'm about to break my goddamn controller!

Comment #9 by Car2nst
Sunday, April 29, 2018 @ 03:26:04 AM

@ Heller36...the trick is the moment she starts to rise from her stone cocoon state in the beginning...hit her with your heavy and then light attack, trie to knock her back, have Atreus use the flying crows shock move, and use your then use your maxed out rage and throw boulder at her....(if you die, have either the big health or rage resurrection stone as well) and try to dodge her red circle attacks. might take 1 or 2 tries to get it down, but it works pretty good. (also try yo have at least 1 5% less damage fro valkyrie attack enchantment as well)

Comment #10 by Car2nst
Sunday, April 29, 2018 @ 03:27:26 AM

sorry for the bad typing.

Comment #11 by PAXTAG
Sunday, April 29, 2018 @ 08:24:15 AM

Comment #12 by Heller36
Thursday, May 03, 2018 @ 01:17:30 AM

@Car2nst Thanks for the advice. I will try this method the next time I play. Haven't been on in a few days...

Comment #13 by Ezio760
Thursday, May 03, 2018 @ 09:43:44 AM

I ended up switching to easy after dying about 5 times. I came into the fight without any rage built up and no resurrection stone which didn't exactly help matters...

Comment #14 by Ezio760
Thursday, May 03, 2018 @ 09:47:33 AM

however, where to you get the three items you need to unlock the 'impossible' challenges. the sword will only let me practice at the moment.

Comment #15 by IJinI
Friday, May 04, 2018 @ 01:34:01 PM

Most likely you will be playing this at the late stage of game. Once you defeat the valkyrie, the swords will reset and you have to repeat 3 challenges to obtain a key and play the last level (where the valkyrie was). Easy ones are 2 and 4 (personally) since you just have to kill the enemies within time limit and another is where enemies instantly regenerate health. for the recovery stage, use Atreus's stun bow (assuming you have done fully upgraded equipments and skills) you can stun one enemy for sure with 3 arrows. then just use R3 to finish them easily since you are invincible at while doing R3 finish. For those big opponents with hammers, grab and throw them off the cliff.

Comment #16 by Aether1
Saturday, May 12, 2018 @ 06:38:42 PM

Nah this trophy was nothing really, the hardest trophy was fighting Sigrun, Queen of the Valkyries. When I tackled this trial I already had legendary gear and fully leveled summons and attacks

Comment #17 by deadbluesky
Monday, May 14, 2018 @ 03:53:26 PM

Well it was the easiest challenge ever made from the god of war series, i use the Ivaldis cuirass of the endless mist to level 7+ so not level up to the max, my weapon was not to the max eather then i beat all challenge until the Valkyrie i beat her with a berserk resurrection stone, then i beat the arena 2,3 and 4 to get the 3 keys and go to the last challenge easy done the trophy pop !!

Comment #18 by wildflower86
Monday, July 02, 2018 @ 01:30:35 AM

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this. I'm stuxk on trial 5-hard. I've no issues beating Valkyries but this has me frustrated and ready to give up.

Comment #19 by Russiancase
Friday, August 31, 2018 @ 12:13:31 AM

A little tip for "Fast healing enemies" trial. Punch them with bare knuckles – then (R3) and it'a done. Don't bother to hit them with knives or axe.

Comment #20 by Russiancase
Friday, August 31, 2018 @ 12:33:18 AM

and at the final fight for 70 kills game bugged for me, enemies can not do any damage at all, so i was like listened to slipknot and fight for nice picture. cheating at it's finest)

Comment #21 by Gantusa
Wednesday, November 14, 2018 @ 09:52:42 PM

@Russiancase when you combine barehanded with light arrows as well, impossible challenge 4 becomes the easiest one of them all

Comment #22 by dq93
Saturday, June 01, 2019 @ 05:39:42 PM

not sure if this is a glitch but for the final impossible trial, it said I need 70 kills to get gold. this description also said i need to get 70 kills and it would be fair to assume in order to get a gold trophy I needed gold (highest) rank. I got about 56 kills in my 1st try, ranked silver, and the trophy unlocked. cant really complain though but its really odd.

You need to register before being able to post comments.

Game Info
Genre:

Release:

US April 20, 2018
Europe April 20, 2018

Collection:1328
Wishlist:121

Screenshots

Videos

MyTrophies
You need to log in or register to use MyTrophies.

Rating

User Score is based on 283 user ratings.